AWARDS & accolades
- TripAdvisor annual certificates of excellence for dining and lodging
- Read this wonderful article from The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/23/nyregion/faded-resort-lumbers-life-grass-roots-tourism-revival-mineral-spring-retreat.html?mcubz=1
- The American Hotel has been featured on Rachael Ray's $40 a Day, Rachael's Tasty Travels, and on HGTV's Restore America.
- Read the terrific Daily Mail article from May, 2017!
- The American Hotel Restaurant was recently honored by hosting a dinner for the Albany Chaine des Rotisseurs in May, 2016.
- The New York State Office Of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation Award 2003
- The Preservation League Of New York State Excellence In Historic Preservation Award 2002
- The Otsego & Schoharie County Preservation Award 2002
Garth Roberts' TEDtalk!
Owner Garth Roberts recently gave a TEDtalk in Utica, N.Y. that describes their discovery of Sharon Springs in 1990 and subsequent growth of the community. Watch his presentation: "Defining Moments: Pathways to Growth, Opportunity and Service" on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pv1hXfuIo4