Just an hour west from Albany, 3 1/2 hours from New York City and an hour east of Utica, Sharon Springs is situated in the middle of the glorious countryside of the Leatherstocking Region of New York State.
At mile 61 of the New York State Route 20 Scenic Byway, Sharon Springs is a great starting point for exploring the Great Western Turnpike, which includes working landscapes, lakes, tranquil communities and historical places. Route 20 offers a true reflection of Americana.
Sharon Historical Society – A volunteer organization dedicated to preserving the history of the Sharon area.
• Beekman 1802 Mercantile
• Cobbler & Company
• Grahams Goods
• McGillycuddy’s Natural Soap
• Shops at the Sharon Springs Emporium
• Sharon Sprigs
• Austintacious Handmade Truffles & Chocolates
• The Tepee
• 204 Main Bar & Bistro
• Black Cat Café
• Sharon Tavern
• The Rose & Kettle
• The Tryon Inn & Backdoor Bar
There are also additional restaurants in nearby Cooperstown & Cobleskill. We are happy to assist you with your reservation planning.
• Harvest Festival (September 16 & 17, 2023)
• Run 4 the Hills for First Responders (September 30, 2023)
• Klinkhart Hall Arts Center (free events all year long)
Sharon Springs Chamber of Commerce
Other points of interest in the area:
Glimmerglass Festival, National Baseball Hall of Fame, Fenimore Art Museum, The Farmers Museum, Howe Caverns, Arkell Museum, Iroquois Indian Museum, Old Stone Fort Museum, Ommegang Brewery, Red Shed Brewery, Back Barn Brewery, The Auriesville Shrine, Hyde Hall, The George Landis Arboretum, Herkimer Diamond Mines, Secret Caverns
Chambers of Commerce:
• Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce
• Schoharie Chamber of Commerce
• Fulton Montogomery Chamber of Commerce
• Canajoharie-Palatine Chamber of Commerce